Thursday, September 8, 2011

09-07-11 Return of the Incline: Upper Body Training Strikes Back

Ok, so I am definately a nerd.  That blog post title alone says it.  But I also may be a bit OCD.  I decided to remodel my Cave of Strength tonight before working out(aka "moving crap around").  I moved my power rack, my incline, and my weight stacks around for about 30 minutes.  End Result: I can resume heavy incline bench press!


ONE LAST REP: "Deliverance" by Bubba Sparxxx

Incline Barbell Press
205 x 5, 205 x 5, 205 x 5, 205 x 5, 135 x 20

GIGANTE SET
Plate Shoulder Rotation - Upside Down Rows - TRLex Decline Flys
3 x 6 each direction - - 3 x 8 - - 3 x 12

Incline Hammer Curls super setted with Tricep Pull Downs
3 x 10 - - -superset - - - 3 x 15

CARDIO: Moving back up to 22 minutes.  My legs started to cramp a little after yesterday's quad-kicking workout.

Workout Summary:
It felt really good to get back to real inclines in my own gym.  The Cave of Strength is my home.  I need to get what I can out of it, and I am one step closer to perfecting it.  One thing about lack of time is that it forces you to get creative.  My super set of biceps and triceps had my arms looking like a Synthol experiment gone bad.  My arms were so swollen.  I believe it has to do with standing in 100 degree heat for two and a half hours at football practice with no water combined with a super NaCl load at dinner.  My cardio sweat it out and the painful pump is gone after a "hot to cold" shower.  Now just downing tons of water to balance.

Keep Moving Foreward,
Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment