Thursday, September 22, 2011

09-21-11 Incline Bench Chain Training

This workout started out with a twinge in my bicep.  I have, somehow, injured my bicep through the course of the day.  I noticed the pain when I picked up my 25lbs. daughter to put her down for a nap this afternoon.  I put a compression sleeve on for the workout and it seemed to help.  I am hoping that the pain will be gone by Friday's power training.


Incline Bench + 15lbs. Chain
135 x 10, 205 x 5, 205 x 5, 205 x 5, 135 x 15
**Bicep started to act up a little, but I made it through the burnout set.**

Push Press
4 sets of 8 @ 135lbs.
**Not impressive, but I am just starting out again with going heavy.  Plus the bicep had gotten into my head at this point.**

X-light Seated Row
5 sets of 20

CARDIO: 25 minutes on the treadmill.

Workout Summary:
This bicep is going to need time to heal.  I hope it is somewhat better by Friday.  If you can't tell yet I am gearing up to compete in Highland Games again.  My power movements like push press, cleans, and such will become much more important in the next micro-cycle of workout programs.

Keep Moving Foreward,
Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment