Monday, September 26, 2011

09-26-11 Injury

I tweaked my back a little yesterday.  It's painful, but at a level that I can manage.  Training through an injury is possible.  Is it always a good idea?  Of course not.  Everyone is different, and every injury is different.  Here is a run down on what my injury is and what I plan on doing until it's healed.



My belief is that this is a muscle injury to the small muscles in the lower back.  I have done this several times before, and this one is mild compared to others.  I injured my back while trying to pick up an object that was too high to gain proper leverage, therefore forcing me to use all back muscles and no hip or leg muscles.  The result is this injury I am currently dealing with at this moment.

Tonight I attempted a rushed/brief training session in which I was attempting a bench press workout.  It did not go well.  I dropped the last set on my chest, and I felt weak through out the workout.  I had been taking something for pain that put me in a bit of a stupor as well.

Bench Press
200(+15lbs. Chains) x 12, 240(+15lbs. Chains) x 4, 225 x 8, 255 x 2(dropped this one on my chest).

Not good.  I don't feel like I got any work done.  I am contemplating not working out until the injury is resolved.  I will attempt my workout tomorrow night as a way to test the way my back reacts to stress.  I could end up just runnning on the treadmill for the rest of the week.  I am going to test my maxes next week, so we will have to wait and see.

Keep Moving Foreward,
Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment