Wednesday, October 12, 2011

2011 Reebok Crossfit Championship: The Fittest on Earth

I watched the 2011 Reebok Crossfit Championship tonight.  I must say I was really impressed.  Crossfit is training of the future my friends and this event was evidence.



The Crossfit Championship is set up a bit like World's Strongest Man, but it does more endurance and cross training events.  My wife actually sat and watched it with me for a  bit.  The competitors are crazy fit!

The heat I watch had them doing three rounds of 30 double tuck jump ropes supersetted with 10 overhead squats @ 135lbs.  Then they immediately go to three rounds of 10 hand stand push ups supersetted with 20yards of sled pushing @ 300lbs.  This takes the average competitor about 6 MINUTES TO COMPLETE!  I'd be doing it for about and 36 minutes...HAHAHA!

The finals were crazy and I didn't get to finish watching them, but they had everything from box jumps, rows, wall balls, burpees, speed dead lifts, and everything else one can think of that pertains to Crossfit.

UPDATE:
No training today.  I was extremely excited to begin the program, but I had too much remodeling house work to do today.  I made a new sled for my improved gym though, so the day is not a total loss.  Let's just say that moving approxamitely 300 square feet of soaking wet carpet into the bed of a truck is my KRYPTONITE!  At the end I had thrown up more than once(don't ask), I had a migraine, and my neck hurts.  My body is drained and I knew that if I tried to workout that I would fail miserably.  Tomorrow will be a new day...

Keep Moving Foreward,
Miller

 
 
 
Sponsored by:

No comments:

Post a Comment