Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11 Events Training: 17# Hammer, 25# Braemar, 36# WFD

It was a gloomy day on the field, but I managed to put some good work into my events.  I am still not back to where I need to be, but I am sure I will be at my peak by April for the "meat" of the highland games season.


17# Scottish Hammer:
I felt good in this portion of the workout.  I was fresh, and I love hammer, so it was naturally my best event of the practice.



Session PR: 69' 3"

25# Braemar:
Definately the biggest one I've thrown in a practice session.  I also threw a 28# one, but only twice as I found it hard to manage.



Session PR: 25' 5"

36# WFD:
This is one I struggle with, but I need to start doing this event first in my practices to be fresh and give it all my force.



Session PR: 28' 8" (-4")


Then I threw my 36# Weight Over Bar over a 9' backstop. I know it's neither heavy or high, but I did it repetitively for about 10 throws in quick procession. It was a good workout!

Keep Moving Foreward,
Miller





 
 
Sponsored by:

No comments:

Post a Comment