Thursday, January 12, 2012

01-12-12 Upper Body Strength Training

This is the first time I have trained four days in a row for a long time.  Usually I break the gym sessions into sets of two days with a heavy events throwing day in between.  Needless to say I am wiped out tonight!  Here's how it went:


Incline Bench Press
175 x 10, 185 x 8, 200 x 6, 210 x 4

Dumbell Single Arm Rows supersetted with Straight Arm Pull Downs
3 sets of 12 each side - superset - 3 sets of 15 each side

TRX Decline Fly supersetted with Dumbell Lateral Raises
3 sets of 15 - superset - 3 sets of 12

Dumbell Skull Crushers supersetted with Incline Hammer Curls
3 sets of 15 - superset - 3 sets of 12 each side

CARDIO: 20 minutes on the treadmill.

WORKOUT SUMMARY:
If I hadn't suddenly realized how badly I've eaten the last two days I would be a happy man right about now.  This was a good workout for the end of the week.  I watched one of Super Training Gym of Sacramento's Youtube videos on SuperTraining.TV last week that had Mark Bell and the Boys doing Dumbell Skull Crushers as a finisher on BENCH DAY...so I thought I'd give them a try.  I really like being able to manipulate my hand motion freely with the dumbells to mimick the wrist flick of shot put.

Keep Moving Forward,
Miller




IMAG0459

Sponsored by:

No comments:

Post a Comment