Friday, January 20, 2012

01-19-11 Explode Strength Training

I have a cold coming on pretty hard today.  It's beating the crap out of me and starting to get worse.  Yet I still hit the Cave of Strength.  It's cold and rainy here in the NorCal valley, so that isn't helping things.  Don't get me wrong I love the rain, just not getting sick.  Pre-workout supplement: Nyquil.  Let's see how that went...

Power Clean
190 x 6, 200 x 5 + 1 high pull, 205 x 4, 210 x 3 high pulls
**and the Nyquil kicks in right about here ^ **

Front Squat
3 sets of 8 @ 205lbs.
**These were DEEP**

2.5" FATBAR Snatch
4 sets of 4 @ 110 on the FATBAR
**Starting to doze off inbetween sets**

NO CARDIO!  I would have passed out and got messed up for sure!

WORKOUT SUMMARY:
This was actually a decent workout.  I am upset that I didn't finish the cleans I had laid out, but what can you do when Nyquil is knocking on your door?  I know today(since I went to sleep right after showering from the workout) I feel sore.  Sore in all the right places.

Keep Moving Forward,
Miller


IMAG0459

Sponsored by:

No comments:

Post a Comment