Monday, January 30, 2012

01-30-12 Lower Body Power Training + Heavy Events

I had a session with the "driveway" stone early, then I finished my day with lower body power training with my NEW Monster Mini Bands from PERFORMBETTER.COM!  I was excited about the throwing and anxious about training squats with my new bands.  Here is how the workout ended up:


"Driveway" 16# Stone
Several throws...several failures...a few bright spots.


Session PR: 36' 7"
...which is also my PR since losing 60+ pounds of FAT!

------------------------------------------------------------------


Box Squats + Monster Mini Band (+ 25-50lbs.)
225 x 5
275 x 4 x 4 x 4 x 4

Squats (no bands)
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 3
335 x 3
345 x 2
!!DONE!!

Good Mornings
135 x 8 x 8 x 8

Single Arm Dumbell Snatch
90 x 2 each arm
70 x 3 x 3 x 3 each arm

Calf Raisers
135 x 20 x 20

CARDIO: 15 minute "fat boy" sprints on the treadmill.  202 calories burned.

WORKOUT SUMMARY:
Although very exciting, the bands were somewhat of a bother.  It took me about 45 minutes to get them set up so they would blow me off the rack and so that it actually had enough tension in the band to count.  I finally got the configuration correct, and I really liked the strain at the top of the lift, but towards the end it felt as though the bands were pulling me forward causing a little back tweakage.  The 90lbs. single snatch was surprising as I was pretty sure that after the first one the only thing to expect would be a trip to the hospital...but instead I ripped another for a set of 2.  I start with my left hand(weak side) to ensure that the hip power is fresh for that wimpy little noodle.

Keep Moving Forward,
Miller

IMAG0459

Sponsored by:

No comments:

Post a Comment