Wednesday, February 1, 2012

01-31-12 Upper Body Power Training + Heavy Events

Back at it again today with the events training and the weight training.  I feel good after yesterday's workout.  I practiced light hammer and braemar stone today, and then did another power workout for upper body with my Monster Mini Bands from PERFORMBETTER.COM, so here we go:


BRAEMAR STONE
I haven't trained this specifically in a while...

...but I still PR'd!
Session PR: 28'

17# LIGHT HAMMER
This was NOT a PR performance, but it felt so right.

Back to the drawing board...
Session PR: 65' 9"

---------------------------------------------------------------

Bench Press + Monster Mini Bands (+25-50lbs.)
205 x 6 x 6
215 x 5 x 5
225 x 3 x 3
235 x 2 x 2
**Trying to get the feel of the bands.   I don't think they added more than 25lbs., but still impressed with the drive it requires to lock out!**


Thanks to ANDY VINCENT for this next exercise I nabbed from his NASGAWEB.COM Training Log. But don't tell him because he could squash me like a grape!

PUSH JERK
135 x 8
155 x 6
165 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 3

Pull Ups
5 sets of 6

WORKOUT SUMMARY:
There were a lot of good things today.  I think I learned alot about what my body can do.  The Push Jerk is fun as all hell and I think I will be increasing the weights much more next time.  My throws were a teeter totter of emotions...happy for the Braemar and disappointed in my Hammer.  Oh well.

Keep Moving Forward,
Miller








IMAG0459

Sponsored by:

No comments:

Post a Comment