Friday, February 3, 2012

02-03-12 Heavy Events + Upper Body Workout

I threw the Driveway Stone 16 pounder today.  Had a rough go of it at first.  Considering I probably did over 50 throws the upper body workout was neglected, but I still pushed through.  Here it is:
16# DRIVEWAY STONE WORK
Lots of throws.  Too many to really count.  Then the camera battery died.  I was pissed that my performance thus far had been sub par, so I continued to throw.  I got a PR, but it wasn't on film so that pissed me off even more.


 Session PR: 37' 3"
I am now only 2 feet off of my best competition throw as a FAT BOY.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Incline Close Grip Bench Press
135 x 10
185 x 5 x 5 x 5

Strict Shoulder Press
135 x 8 x 8 x 8

TRX Upside Down Rows supersetted with Blue Band Face Pulls
3 sets of 8 - superset - 3 sets of 15

Pull Overs
70 x 12 x 12 x 12
**SUPER STRETCHY..to the floor with a pause then back up.**

Incline Hammer Curls
3 sets of 8

CARDIO: 10 minute sprint intervals.

WORKOUT SUMMARY:
The PR was great, getting there was not so great.  I had a lot of failure today...A LOT!  I feel like I should easily be throwing over 40, but I am either lacking the pop or the stone is shifting down before the throw or I'm off balance...never being able to put it ALL together for one throw is the msot frustrating thing in the world!  Oh well.  Always a challenge.

Keep Moving Forward,
Miller


 
IMAG0459

Sponsored by:

No comments:

Post a Comment