Tuesday, March 6, 2012

03-05-12 Pre-Season Speed Training

This was the first day of my new training program: TRAINING LAB by Matt Vincent .  The training was light due to my REHAB maxes being very low, but this workout still worked me over pretty good.  And I got some throwing in as well.  Here's how it went:



WARM UP

> 7 minutes on the treadmill (good sweat).
> 5 minutes of lift specific stretches.
> 5 minutes of SMR(Self Myofascial Release) w/ FOAM ROLLER.
> Mobility WOD: Loosening up the ankles and hips for squat. Courtesy of K Star!

Squats
bar x 10
135 x 6
135 x 6
160 x 10 sets x 3 reps (45secs - 1 min. rest).
**Light Weight!  But NO BELT and DEEP AS HELL!  Proud of myself for not wimping out.**

Bench Press
bar x 10
135 x 6
135 x 6
145 x 10 sets x 4 reps (30secs. rest).
**Very Light weight, but following the program at these weights will help me rehab better and come out of this injury a better athlete**

Good Mornings
3 sets of 10 w/ 16# medicine ball
**Just need to strengthen the muscles a tiny bit more before I get back to it hardcore!**

Flat Bench Dips
3 sets of 15

Hammer Curls
3 sets of 10 each hand

~CORE BLAST~
} Kneeling Ab Pull Down w/ Monster Mini Band
4 sets of 15
} Supine Leg Raises supersetted with Planks
10 alternating rounds of 30 secs each.

CARDIO:  20 minutes hiking on the treadmill.  Jogging hurts without my support neoprene belt.

Workout Summary:
A fantastic first day!  And as I type this I know I will be feeling this workout, however light it is, for a day or so.  It's hard to imagine doing this type of workout with huge weights later on, but I'm excited about the possibilities.

I also had the chance to throw some open stone with my 16# Driveway Stone.  Threw quite a bit and tried to work on some technique.

Check out the REHABICLES episode for this workout:  http://youtu.be/3E47m1HiW1o

Keep Moving Forward,
Miller








IMAG0459

POWERED by:

No comments:

Post a Comment