Thursday, April 5, 2012

04-04-12 INSEASON Strength Week 1 Day 2

As I sit here typing this wonderful blog I am noticing more and more that I have legs...they are begining to hurt and that's a good thing.  Here's the workout that got them to feel again:

Warm Up
5 minutes on Treadmill
Stretching
Foam Roll/LAX Ball
Mobility WOD

~WORKOUT~

Over Head Press
bar x 10
135 x 7
175 x 5 reps x 5 sets

Dead Lift
bar x 10
135 x 8
225 x 5
255 x 5
280 x 5 reps x 3 sets
**Used straps on last set**

Pull Ups supersetted with Seated Band Rows
3 x 7 - superset - 3 x 15

Side Step Ups
95 x 5 reps x 3 sets on each leg
**No room for plyo jumping tonight, so this was the alternative**

Ab Bench
3 x 90

Swiss Ball Planks
3 sets

CARDIO: 20 minutes on the Treadmill

WORKOUT SUMMARY:
This was another great Matt Vincent workout.  I am so happy to have the pressure of producing a proven program for myself lifted from my shoulders.  Matt really worked hard on this program and it is making me a better athlete.  I have added a few minor lifts that I like, but fo rthe most part this is all his creation.  My legs are a tad bit sore, which they haven't been in a long time, and I am feeling great.  Time for rest.

Keep Moving Forward,
Miller





IMAG0459

POWERED by:

No comments:

Post a Comment