Thursday, April 19, 2012

Update: Workouts from this week so far...

I'm slipping a bit on these blog posts.  My back has taken a wrong turn and is not better yet, and it is now affecting certain lifts.  Strange ones at that!  My 3 bulging discs are keeping me from doing lifts that one would believe to be the only safe choices for a man in my situation.  Here is the run down:
MONDAY 4/16
Squats
bar x 10
135 x 10
225 x 5
295 x 4 sets x 3 reps

Bench
UH OH!  For some reason my injury has progressed to a point where I can not lay in the proper position to bench press.  The weight of my leg posting on the floor is causing excrutiating shots of pain in my hip and low back.  I tried to alter a bit and do incline(NOPE), and push ups(YIKES)...but it looks as though my chesticles will have to wait.

Good Mornings
3 x 10

Over Head Extenstions
3 x 12

TODAY'S WORKOUT: WEDNESDAY 4/18

Push Press
bar x 10
135 x 8
195 x 1
200 x 1
145 x 6 sets x 3 reps
**Not sure what I was thinking here???**

Speed Dead Lift
135 x 10
135 + Monster Minni Bands x 8
185 + Monster Mini Bands x 8 sets x 2 reps

Pull Ups
3 x 6

Kroc Rows
3 x 12

TRX Chest Press
3 x 12(SUCCESS!)

Seated Hammer Curls
3 x 10

Ab Wheel
3 x 10

CARDIO:  15 PAINFUL minutes on the treadmill

Wokrout Summary:
The workouts were ok.  The new pain in my hip is confusing and keeping me up at night.  I have started decompression therapy and I have noticed a difference in my overall daily pain.  I have a long 6 weeks ahead of me.  BUT...I also am competing in the Woodland Highland Games in 11 days.  I must be crazy.  YOLO!

Keep Moving Forward,
Miller



IMAG0459

POWERED by:

No comments:

Post a Comment