Friday, September 14, 2012

B2C1W2D2: Push Press and Deads! plus some Throws Drills

  Back in the gym today.  Graveyards are taking their toll on me, but I push on.  I decided to do some research and get back to throwing.  As of right now I am (vicariously) under the tutelage of a World Champion for my TRAINING LAB program, and I am under the influence of Eastern European throwing drills from the old DRS and CCCP.  HA!  I am so worldly...here's what's really going on:
 
WARM UP
5 minute treadmill
Stretching
 
PUSH PRESS
bar x 12
135 x 7
205 x 5 x 2
205 x 4 x 3
 
-Workouts on no food are not recommended, but my bioclock is out of whack with these graveyard shifts.  I fizzled out on the last three sets and have developed some pain in my left(non-throwing hand) thumb on these presses over the past few weeks.  I should not be missing that 5th rep.
 
DEAD LIFT
135 x 8
225 x 5
275 x 5
295 x 5 x 3
 
-Felt good SON!  Back not as bad as I once thought...but no need to look the gift horse in the mouth.
 
THROW DRILLS FROM THE DRS AND CCCP:
  I found these gems on the internet a while back.  Once I rediscover where I downloaded them from I will share with all of you.  This program has groups of exercises for shot put.  I mized and matched today, and they are somewhat hard to explain, so nothing too much to report.  They felt good.  Not pain free, but pain is a reminder that we are alive.
 
So...World Champ and Coolest Cat in the South Matt Vincent's TRAINING LAB and some ancient relics from long forgotten powerhouses Germany and the Soviet Union and hopefully this Scientist can once again proudly say "Strongest".

Keep Moving Forward,
Miller
 
IMAG0459

POWERED by:

No comments:

Post a Comment